By Henrik Edberg
-He lives on the west coast of Sweden and for the past 7 years he has been writing at The Positivity Blog.
Mahatma Gandhi needs no long introduction. Everyone knows about the man who led the Indian people to independence from British rule in 1947.So let’s just move on to some of my favourite tips from Mahatma Gandhi.
1. Change yourself. “You must be the change you want to see in the world.”
2.You are in control.“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
3. Forgive and let it go.“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”“An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.”
4. Without action you aren’t going anywhere.“An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.”
5. Take care of this moment.“I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care of the present. God has given me no control over the moment following.”
6. Everyone is human.“I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.”
7.Persist.“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
8. See the good in people and help them.“I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.”
9. Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
10. Continue to grow and evolve.”Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.”